Immigration Cases We Handle from Our Silver Spring Law Office
Call or stop by our law office in Silver Spring today if you need help with any of the following complicated immigration matters:
- Family-Based Immigration: Although it can be a lengthy process to sponsor a family member to come to visit or live in the United States, many spouses, parents, children, and siblings of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents have a pathway to a green card. If your family member is in the United States or abroad, then contact us today. Our immigration team has worked with USCIS offices nationwide and at consulates all over the world. We are familiar with the nuances of this area to guide your case smoothly.
- Employment-Based Permanent Residence: Our firm assists companies and workers with labor certification and permanent residence processes. There are different pathways that workers and companies can use to obtain permanent residence, including petitioning for immigrants with extraordinary ability; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational managers and executives; professionals with advanced degrees; skilled and unskilled workers; investors; and ministers of religion.
- Asylum & Humanitarian Cases: Our legal team features seasoned immigration practitioners from around the world, so we know firsthand the difficult journey and courage it takes to seek asylum protection. Immigrants who have a legitimate fear of persecution in their home country can petition for asylum in the U.S. Victims of crimes, domestic violence, or trafficking may be eligible for VAWA, a U-visa, or T-visa. We know the stakes are high, and we will fight hard to ensure your entire story is told.
- Business Immigration: If you need to enter the United States to fund a project, to manage a company, or attend an event, then we can help you obtain an H-1B, L-1, or E-2 visa. We also help people with outstanding ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, obtain O-1 visas.
- Citizenship: We know that becoming a U.S citizen is important to you and your loved ones. However, petitioning for citizenship is a complicated process. Contact our firm today so we can take a look at your situation to determine if you have a path to become a U.S. citizen. We understand the complex laws governing eligibility and can provide thorough advice.
- Deportation Defense: If you or a loved one are facing deportation, then you need a lawyer who has courtroom experience and knows how to negotiate favorable outcomes with ICE. Our legal team has extensive experience with bond proceedings, cases for cancellation of removal, asylum, and adjustment of status. We have successfully argued for termination of removal proceedings on behalf of clients across the country.
- Waivers: Immigration proceedings can hit a major roadblock if a person has a criminal matter or is facing deportation. Our lawyers have successfully obtained waivers for individuals abroad and in removal proceedings. We have also secured provisional waivers for people in the United States before they can be deported. We know that the key to success in these cases is understanding what makes your factors unique, and with our team on your side, you can trust that your special circumstances will be persuasively conveyed.
- Appeals and Litigation: Our firm handles appeals and litigation of immigration matters at all levels. We can assist you with administrative review processes to federal appellate courts, including Writs of Mandamus, naturalization delay litigation, and Petitions for Review to the Federal Circuit Courts of negative decisions by immigration agencies. We are prepared to vigorously appeal and seek the just treatment your case deserves.